What are some alternative options to heat shrink tubing? There are many different ways to bundle, seal, protect & identify various electrical & mechanical components & assemblies.
There are many different ways to bundle, seal, protect and identify various electrical and mechanical components and assemblies. The methods and technologies below are some of the common technologies in use.
- Tape wrapping – Wrapping bundles of wires using tape to create a wire harness.
- Dip coating – Dipping components into a liquid compound that will adhere and solidify creating a layer of protection on the dipped items.
- Mold-in-place operations – Using liquid over-molds to create a strong, durable seal between two surfaces.
- Potting – The process of encapsulating a complete electronic assembly with a solid or rubbery type compound, providing resistance to mechanical shock and vibration, and for the exclusion of water, moisture, corrosive agents and debris.
- Cold shrink tubing / Solvent dilated tubing - Pre-expanded tubing that does not require a heat gun for application.
- Sealants – Various one part and two part sealing compounds like epoxies and RTVs. They can also add the additional benefit of being thermally conductive depending on the application.
Please contact us for more information on these alternative products.